Today was the day Rutlands claimed my already delayed order of 1/2″ T-slot track (ordered on 26/02/2012) would be delivered (well actually their mail claimed that today would be the delivery date, but elsewhere in the mail seemed to say this might be the date they received it on).
When I received no dispatch notification last night I emailed to check and despite them claiming previously that the delivery date could only be pushed back once, they’ve pushed it back again!
This time they say I will receive the track around the 1st or 2nd of May.
You may have noticed I removed Rutlands from the retailer links in the side bar a while ago. This is because although they are often quite good for price, I’m becoming increasingly fed up with their ability to actually deliver what you order and no longer feel I can recommend them.
Once again Axminster have illustrated why they have such a great reputation for customer service – all items claimed in stock on their website were dispatched around 5pm last night and arrived with me well packaged and undamaged about 10am this morning!
If only they stocked everything I tend to want from Rutlands (in particular the Rockler range, including bench cookies) then I wouldn’t have to use anyone else!
Once again the full list from Axminster was:
- In situ planer blade hone – hopefully this’ll stave off the time when I need to remove the blades …
- DMT mini whetstone (1200 grit) – for touching up router cutters (I already have the 600 grit)
- Trend lapping fluid – for use with the above
- Axcaliber 3/8″ router bit – the version from my 24 piece set is my most used cutter
- Axcaliber 3/4″ router bit – this size is also getting a lot of use
- Rustins clear MDF sealer – I’m intending to seal the MDF in the table top and router table projects
- Titebond wood filler – this is for use round the house, where quite a few door frames are looking tatty
- Chestnut lemon oil – I’m hoping this will give the oak veneer the matt, almost untreated finish we’re looking for in the TV stand and living room storage projects
I’ll hopefully find a bit of time later to test out the lemon oil on an offcut of veneered MDF…
Update 01/05/2012: I’ve just received notification that the second batch of t-slot track has now shipped from Rutlands, so I may yet receive it tomorrow as per their last mail
Update 03/05/2012: No such luck – after some chasing, Rutlands claim I should receive it tomorrow (04/05/2012)