A couple of weeks ago I posted on UKWorkshop asking for information on what gauges etc I would need to figure out the threads of missing screws.
As well as a lot of useful information from a variety of people, someone also offered to sell me some of the things I’d need.
After a bit of correspondence a parcel arrived yesterday containing:
- Zeus Precision Data Charts & Reference Tables
and Engineers reference tables – £2
- Browne & Sharpe No. 710 standard Wire Gauge plate – £5
- Shop-made gauge with 75 & 55 degree angles at either end and TPI gauge down either side – free
- Moore & Wright 47/55 & 60 degree pitch gauge – £2
- Mass. Tool Co No. 137 nest of TPI gauges – £3
- John Shaw & Sons standard wire gauge – not mentioned by the seller, but included anyway, which is nice!